In your Physician role, you would conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; order and schedule necessary studies and professional consultations; and provide direct patient care services that includes prescribing medications and other therapies as needed in various hospital and clinic settings.
We are hiring for Full Time or Part Time.
- Conduct diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- Ordering and schedule necessary studies and professional consultations
- Providing direct patient care services
- Evaluates wound care and hyperbaric care issues
- Takes part in facility orientation and training
- Works closely with leadership
- Reviews hyperbaric and wound care patient records
- Reviews research protocols for IRB-standards compliance
- Reaches out to area medical community to identify new facilities for company to service
- Supervise mid-level practitioners
Skills & Qualifications
- Current, unrestricted state Physician license
- Board certified
- Wound Care experience — 1 year preferred
- Knowledgeable of care of common chronic health conditions as well as health promotion and prevention guidelines
- Detail oriented, dependable and reliable
Wound Care Physician Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a physician leader responsible for the clinical, operational and financial results of their Wound Care Center®.
- Serve as liaison with affiliated medical institutions for services required such as hospitalization and emergency medical services.
- Participate in regional and national conference(s) related to wound care improvement or new wound care information.
- Ensure appropriate HBO chamber quality and safety, including appropriate documentation of approved indications, physician supervision requirements, and presence of appropriately trained safety director appointed for the Hyperbaric Unit.
- Provide continuing wound care education to the staff and community, including new advances in wound healing and new product reviews.
- Provide regular formal presentations to various audiences (i.e., medical staff meetings, hospital department meetings, grand rounds presentations, local medical and community organizations, service clubs, etc.) to enhance visibility of the WCC® and support local medical and community education and awareness.
- Actively schedule and participate in one-on-one discussions about the wound care program with primary care and surgical specialties.
- Act as spokesperson for wound care program services when local media opportunities arise.
- Build appropriate relationships with interdisciplinary specialties to ensure appropriate and timely consultative patient care needs.
Engage in self-development through corporate training and coaching, and through participation with professional associations. Perform complete physical exams of patients. Chronic Ulcer Debridement.
Dermatitis. Dysphagia/G-Tube. Urinary Incontinence/Suprapubic. Surgical Wound Debridement. MASD -
Type 1: Periwound Type 2: periostomy, we can take care of all patients with gastrostomy, tracheostomy, or colostomy. Type 3: intertriginous, any patients with raw tissue under the breasts, between the groins or pannus Type 4: chemical, any patients that soils with diaper changes.
Pressure ulcers Stage 1-4 Burn wounds. Radiation wounds. Cancer wounds. Abrasion/laceration. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Debridement. Non-Pressure Chronic Ulcer such as peripheral arterial disease or venous stasis ulcer. Lymphedema. Cellulitis/abscess - wound infections requiring antibiotics or I & D. Punch Biopsy for skin lesion.
Actively participate in departmental activities to improve training methods and achieve company goals. Travel to patients' homes and/or long re facilities is be required.
Qualifications: MD/DOs must be a graduate of an accredited school of Allopathic Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine. Physician's Assistants should be a graduate of an accredited Certified Physicians Assistants Program. License to practice Medicine as a MD/DO or PA-C with a current valid state license. Patient-centric approach. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a professional environment. Must be proficient with medical instruments and equipment required by Wound Pros. Ability to communicate effectively, in verbal and written form. Sound understanding of all federal and state regulations.
Wound Care Physician Education and Experience Requirements:
MD or DO required
- Must be Board Certified General surgeon needed for wound care
- 100% wound care opportunity
- No call responsibilities
- Board certified
- Prefer experienced surgeons
- Develops treatment plan according to current wound care protocols; explain dressing rationale, institute preventive measures and monitor results of care delivered.
- Provide demonstrations on dressing techniques to educate and orient in-services nurses; give hands-on instruction regarding the principles of asceptic technique
- Provide a list of patients with Nosocomial pressure ulcers which includes patient’s name, site, state, support surface and dates of evaluation to the Director of Quality Management
- Identify nutritional deficiencies, coordinate with Health Care personnel to solve nutrition problems with staff
- While performing daily rounds, assist in delivery of patient care to accomplish wound care tasks
- Attend wound care education programs designed to enhance the benefits patients can derive from the most recent techniques/procedures available
- Performs duties and tasks in accordance with standards established for the job. The incumbent may have access to highly confidential patient, employee and/or Health System proprietary information, and must handle & protect the information in accordance with hospital & system policies, HIPAA requirements and the highest level of ethical standards.
- Reports all security events, potential events, or other security risks to the organization.
- Participates and completes all patient safety initiatives appropriate to the position, and conducts all job responsibilities according to the Mission and Values of Health System.
EDUCATION: MD WITH CERTIFICATION IN HYPERBARIC AND WOUND CARE MEDICINE
Must be eligible for Health Systems Staff membership and hold a valid State of Connecticut license.
Board certification or eligible in the physicians specialty MD, or DO
HBO (Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment) Certified; Broad and in-depth technical knowledge and skills related to the practice of medicine, and wound care.