Reporting to the Senior Vice President of Business Development, the Senior Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of product lifecycle, including long and short-term development and commercialization. The successful candidate is a highly experienced, hands-on self-starter, with excellent clinical, customer-facing, leadership, and wound care product management skills and experience.
Scope of Position:
- Becomes a product expert.
- Evaluates and ensures Product feasibility and design optimization.
- Analyzes Product performance, Product competitiveness and Product trends in the marketplace and develops, implements and manages Product marketing commercialization strategies and marketing programs based on research and analysis.
- Interfaces with internal Product stakeholders and Customers to determine future Product line direction and developments.
- Ongoing efforts to uncover new market opportunities.
“Upstream” Marketing Responsibilities:
- Works with internal and external field teams to ensure effective product testing and optimal clinical data collection.
- Provides key liaison between R&D, operations, clinical, sales and marketing for the product.
- Guides Product development to meet key customer needs and desires.
- Maintains understanding of direct and indirect Product competitors.
- Maintains understanding of all aspects of product development.
“Downstream” Marketing Responsibilities:
- Develops key product messaging that accurately represents product capabilities and resonates with customer needs and desires
- Manages, develops, and implements marketing activities to maximize sales of Product.
- Develops and produces effective educational and promotional materials.
- Ensures that labeling and educational/promotional literature match product specifications.
- Works closely with sales team to determine optimal pricing through analysis of sales trends, competitors, buying habits and planograms of products to promote sales opportunities.
- Manages Marketing staff and contractors.
- Provides insightful, timely reports and analysis to management and participates in leadership business reviews as scheduled
- Makes recommendations on strategic and tactical changes needed to meet defined goals.
- Ensures Sales Team acquires an excellent knowledge of Product, including foundational and contextual clinical knowledge, features and benefits, sales and training presentations, pricing, impediments to utilization, market dynamics, strategic call points, competitive position, professional standards and internal resources.
- Develops external Product champions to communicate with prospective and current customers and share positive metrics.
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years of Wound Care Product Management experience.
- 5+ years of experience coordinating efforts across matrixed teams, managing product integration, or overseeing large, complex projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a health field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to conceive, develop and implement commercial strategies, convert these into tactical marketing plans and deliver results with a specific emphasis on new product launches.
- Proven track record in executing multiple product launches.
- Ability to effectively influence and collaborate with multiple stakeholders through utilization of organizational channels, experience and influencing skills to persuade others of the course of action
- Professional degree or equivalent preferably in a healthcare or business field.
- Outstanding presenting, planning and organization skills.
- Demonstrated flexibility in a highly dynamic/start-up environment.
- Superior eye for details, organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Computer proficient with Microsoft Office including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- RN, BSN or CWCN a plus.
- Language Requirement: English.
- Written: Must be able to communicate feedback, training, methodologies, and product information effectively using common language and technical jargon.
- Verbal: Must be able to articulate strategic goals to others.
- Interpersonal: Excellent interpersonal and customer service/patient relations skills.
- Presentation: Customer facing presentations