This Clinical Consultant will provide Wound Care expertise in support strategic and revenue goals of Arjo's Therapeutic Support Surfaces (TSS) organization by improving Wound Care knowledge through leading clinical Wound Care and prevention programs and providing clinical training and education of Arjo's TSS products and programs in assigned accounts.
Likely overnight travel expectation: 50% +
- Implement and monitor clinical programs within customer accounts in support of pressure ulcer management and therapeutic support services.
- Partner with sales and marketing organization to identify policies, procedures, standards or protocols related to pressure ulcer prevention and wound care management for the purpose of achieving positive clinical outcomes.
- Serves as a clinical expert in providing pressure ulcer prevention strategies and wound care management to customers resulting in positive patient outcome, process improvement and culture change.
- Monitor, analyze and document customer process improvement metrics, regarding pressure ulcer management, through the use of auditing/assessment tools.
- Conduct sales assists and promote clinical representation regarding pressure ulcer management and prevention strategies.
- Identify potential clinical study site(s), provide clinical consultative support and ensure compliance with defined protocol(s).
- Assist TSS Sales team and customers in assessment, recommendation(s) and tracking of TSS products for appropriate utilization and wound management.
- Clinical Education and Training:
- Develop and implement professional education programs in support of the marketing plan and brand strategies to include wound care protocols and documentation tools.
- Continuing education may include, but are not limited to, customer educational events, conventions, showrooms, in-services of TSS products and equipment.
- Maintain clinical reference library related to pressure area management, support surfaces, pressure ulcers and wound care.
- Maintain knowledge of established professional, community or regulatory standards and recommends/implements change(s) to meet those standards (e.g. NDNQI, TJC, CMS, NPUAP, etc.).
- Assists others in incorporating information obtained from research, current literature and performance improvement findings into company marketing products and clinical program offerings.
- Collaborate with Product/Marketing team to evaluate new products for clinical effectiveness and formulate recommendations for senior management.
- Actively participates in interdisciplinary groups such as committees, taskforces, projects, formal teaching, publishing or professional activities.
- Provide clearly written customer reports in accordance with client assignment within designated timeframe (i.e. consultative reports, activity reports, etc.).
- Communicates regularly with regional and national sales management and marketing on strategy plans, status, and competitive activities.
- Bachelor degree in Nursing or related field.
- Current professional RN license.
- MUST have national wound care certification (e.g. WOCN, WCC, CWCA)
- MUST be able to travel overnight 50-70%.
- Acute Care clinical experience with at least 2 years’ Wound Care-specific experience. Med Device company experience preferred.
- Experience training/educating healthcare personnel on product use.
- Strong presentation skills accompanied with exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Demonstrated consultative skills.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).