The Lead Registered Nurse (RN) is responsible for the oversight and management of the clinic’s daily operations that includes but is not limited to leadership and organizational abilities. The Lead RN provides direct patient care and coordination of care for patients through assessment and team collaboration in evaluation, planning and implementing evidence based holistic wound care. Additional responsibilities include organizing and prioritizing clinical responsibilities that facilitates direct supervision to clinical staff (i.e. RN, LPN, HBO technician, etc.). The Lead RN expedites optimal patient care and daily clinic operations under the direction of the Program Director and/or Regional Director.
What We Offer:
· Perform duties as directed by the Program Director and other unit related duties as assigned
· Adhere to all joint commission, patient safety initiatives and infection control regulations
· Must complete a UHMS training course within 60 days of the date of hire
· Provide hyperbaric chamber operations and ensure maintenance as required
· Ensure staff demonstrates competency in core and center-specific clinical skills, and that continuing education and certificates are maintained and up to date
· Establish and ensure compliance to all RXH policies and procedures in cooperation with the hospital
· Review wound care center activities and recommend process flow changes in, or better utilization of, facilities, services and staff
· Authorize purchase of supplies and equipment in collaboration with the Program Director
· Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of nursing processes.
· Adheres to RXH and host facility regulatory and accrediting standards policies/procedures.
· Delegates and oversees wound care services performed by RNs, LPNs, and Technicians.
· Maintains open communication with RXH Senior Management, Regional Director, Program Director, Clinical Team, Community Educators, host facility staff, providers, and RXH business office staff to ensure continuity of care.
· Actively participates in all Quality Management measures (i.e. survey preparation, documentation audits, patient satisfaction survey completion, and hand hygiene observations) and ensures all measures are turned in by designated deadlines.
· Develops patient specific wound care plan and regularly reviews wound progress.
· Measures and photographs wound progress and provides updates to the physician on an ongoing basis as changes occur.
· Completes wound assessments and performs application of topical wound products, application of topical anesthetics, lower extremity assessment with Ankle Brachial Index (ABI), application of compression wraps, application of NWPT, and other secondary dressings.
· Assist providers and is present for specialized wound care procedures.
· Follows up with lab and diagnostic results, communicates to provider and patient, and documents accurately in the medical record.
· Facilitates coordination of care.
· Ensures completion of the pre- and post-clinic checklist tasks. Assigns duties to clinical staff, as needed.
· Provides ongoing patient education relevant to disease processes, mediations, nutrition, vitamin therapy, and pressure reduction.
· Writes all telephone or verbal orders received immediately and obtains provider signatures at next clinic.
· Ensures accuracy, legibility, and completion of all staff documentation and adheres to daily chart check and correction policy.
· Secures the medical record by double lock procedure or as per facility procedure, whichever is more stringent.
· Responsible for the leadership and management of the clinical team, addresses staff needs, and precepts new staff, as assigned.
· Responsible for the daily operations of the clinic for scheduling, processes, protocols, clinic flow, and provider support.
· Demonstrates awareness of patient’s age, growth, and developmental level when performing assigned tasks.
· Reports to work on time, is flexible, and requests changes to schedule infrequently.
· Adheres to RXH’ Privacy and Security Policies as it relates to HIPAA regulations.
· Respects and maintains patient confidentiality in written, verbal, and electronic information.
· Reports problems promptly to the designated supervisor.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Skills:
· Graduate of an accredited school ofprofessiona lnursing.
· Registered Nurse holding current license with appropriate State Board of Nursing without restriction. Maintains full knowledge and works within their scope of practice.
· Training and Experience – Possesses wound care clinic experience and a minimum of three years of nursing experience, or a combination of the above listed experiences.
· Possesses a thorough knowledge of evidence based wound healing standards and demonstrates expertise regarding wound etiology assessment, wound bed preparation, and related wound management strategies. Demonstrates proficiency to assess patients’ wound care needs and assists to formulate individual wound management plans. Must be knowledgeable of the policies and procedures governing RestorixHealth.
· Possesses and maintains current BLS and ACLS certification through the American Heart Association.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Competencies:
· Ability to function competently and independently to provide the highest quality of nursing practice by having the ability to do the following:
1. Work in a fast-paced clinical environment
2. Exhibit critical thinking
3. Exhibit the ability to make sound nursing judgement
4. Embrace and thrive in a team environment; fosters a sense of teamwork
5. Provide excellent internal and external customer service
6. Have the willingness and abilities to be hands on with patient care
· Demonstrates effective verbal and written communications skills.
· Is professional in appearance and actions.
· Consistently displays behavior that enhances the image of the organization as evidenced by professional and courteous behavior toward all patients, referral sources, host facility staff, and co-workers.
· Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling role obligation.
· Willing to continue coordination of care efforts even during non-clinic hours.
This position requires the physical demand of standing, bending, lifting, stooping, pushing, pulling, and kneeling. Some work may require moderate physical exertion (30-50 pounds) on a continuous basis (over 50% of time) or heavy physical exertion (over 50 pounds) on a frequent basis (up to 50% of time).
Note: The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements and may change at any time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. RestorixHealth is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Coming together as one company to expand services, programs, and products across the wound care continuum.
RestorixHealth (RXH) is a leading developer and operator of advanced wound healing centers and provider of wound healing direct-care services. Dedicated to healing wounds, saving limbs, and optimizing patient outcomes, RestorixHealth provides our patients and partners with custom, advanced wound healing solutions that increase the access to care, lower direct care costs, reduce hospital admissions, improve outcomes, and increase patient satisfaction. RestorixHealth treats patients at various locations, including hospital-based centers, nursing homes, skilled facilities and in patients' homes. Additionally, through the company's DME service line, wound healing supplies are shipped to patient homes throughout the nation. Please visit www.RestorixHealth.com.
American Medical Technologies:
American Medical Technologies (AMT) is a senior care company focused on providing solutions to patients and providers in the long-term care and post acute environments. As an industry leader, AMT have been delivering wound care, urological, ostomy, tracheotomy and specialized laboratory services for the past 25 years. AMT is the leading independent provider of wound care solutions for long term care facilities in the United States and our programs service more than 6,250 facilities nationwide. To learn more, please visit www.amtwoundcare.com