The Inpatient Wound Care Liaison is responsible for providing treatment and recommendations for the management of disorders affecting the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary (digestive, urinary, skin) systems. This involves treatment of ostomies, stomas, acute and chronic wounds and urinary and fecal incontinence. Serves as a clinical resource to staff on issues pertaining to patients with wounds, pressure ulcers, ostomies, fistulas and incontinence. Establishes and maintains practice standards and provides ongoing staff education. Uses the nursing process to plan, implement, direct, and evaluate patient care to achieve optimal patient outcomes; works collaboratively with all other disciplines on assigned unit.
What We Offer:
Education and Licensure:
· Must have and maintain a valid BLS certification from the American Heart Association.
· Valid state nursing licensed required.
· BSN degree and completion of an accredited Wound Ostomy Continence ET Nurse Program (CWOCN) required.
· Current CWOCN certification required.
· 3 years of experience providing direct patient care to patients undergoing ostomies surgery, patients with established ostomies, and patient with skin/wound problems preferred.
· Must have full range of body motion.
· Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
· Vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
· Must be able to speak and hear clearly.
· Must have the ability to stand, sit, walk, bend, lean, and squat for long periods of time without hindrance.
· Must be able to maintain dexterity when pulling, pushing, and gripping emergency carts and stretchers.
· Must be physically able to perform CPR.
· Must perform all physical job duties accurately in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruption.
At RestorixHealth, we grow talent. When you join our team, you have the opportunity to develop your career based on your strengths and potential, including the possibility to move functionally, geographically, laterally and vertically. This is a career destination for engaged, caring, passionate and talented people who want to make a difference. We are the leader in the development and management of comprehensive wound healing and Amputation Prevention Center facilities.
RestorixHealth is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status.
Coming together as one company to expand services, programs, and products across the wound care continuum.
RestorixHealth (RXH) is a leading developer and operator of advanced wound healing centers and provider of wound healing direct-care services. Dedicated to healing wounds, saving limbs, and optimizing patient outcomes, RestorixHealth provides our patients and partners with custom, advanced wound healing solutions that increase the access to care, lower direct care costs, reduce hospital admissions, improve outcomes, and increase patient satisfaction. RestorixHealth treats patients at various locations, including hospital-based centers, nursing homes, skilled facilities and in patients' homes. Additionally, through the company's DME service line, wound healing supplies are shipped to patient homes throughout the nation. Please visit www.RestorixHealth.com.
American Medical Technologies:
American Medical Technologies (AMT) is a senior care company focused on providing solutions to patients and providers in the long-term care and post acute environments. As an industry leader, AMT have been delivering wound care, urological, ostomy, tracheotomy and specialized laboratory services for the past 25 years. AMT is the leading independent provider of wound care solutions for long term care facilities in the United States and our programs service more than 6,250 facilities nationwide. To learn more, please visit www.amtwoundcare.com